How much did your belly go down after giving birth?

Was there a big difference from when you walked in pregnant and walked out with baby??

This is my first and I have been told when you leave the hospital you will be down to your size when you were 5/6 months pregnant - but I wasn't even showing at 6 months....could I be that lucky?! lol

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I didn't look like I had a baby. It went down alot, within the next week I was back to 120-125.

I'm almost 38 weeks i hope it works out that way again lol
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 11:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I was back to my prepreganncy weight a week after giving birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I went in had my baby and then looked like I didn't even have the baby. It really depends on how much extra weight you gained during the pregnancy. Some people gain more than just the baby weight others do not. Im 37 weeks and only have gained baby weight so it should be the same as last time.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 11:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Mine went down a lot. I had maybe 5 extra pounds left on my stomach after I had him. I was lucky enough to be back down to my pre-pregnancy weight about 4 weeks after I had him. I probably could have lost it a lot sooner, but I'm lazy....lol. All I did the whole 6 weeks I was off was take care of him && sit on my ass. I don't even know how I lost the weight, it just kinda fell off. lol
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• if you have a c section you'll prob be swollen. i was swollen really bad after my c section.. So when I left i looked swollen. lol
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I had a c-section, so for the first 2 weeks i was really swollen. After the swelling went down I was 35 lbs lighter (i only gained 20lbs with my daughter) and I'm BFing..so I'm still losing a TON of weight. I look better now than before I got pregnant! lol I just have a LOT of saggy skin, but as for fat..it's just about gone :)
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My belly went down straight away, I used a post partum support because it helps shape ur belly while ur uterus contacts to get back to its normal size. They really help, but if u have stretch marks then sont expect ur skin to bounce back to they way it was.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I only gained 28 pounds with my son and I didn't get that big, but I still looked pregnant like 2 weeks after I had him. I didn't use anything to get my shape back though, and my son was in the nicu for a week after he was born so I didn't really do anything that time, but take care of him.
    Princess_Sarah7

Answer by Princess_Sarah7 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• When I left the hospital, I didn't look like I had ever been pregnant, however, I was bigger than I was right before I got pregnant still. I had lost all of my pregnancy weight plus some at my 6 week PP appt. and hadn't done a thing to try to lose any weight.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 1:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2009