For anyone who is or was pregnant with another small child.

My daughter is 2 and weighs 24lbs. She likes to lay on my chest to go to sleep. Is that safe right now? Her body ends up on my belly....anyone else do this?

What should I avoid if anything when holding her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She's fine. The baby is very well protected with in you body. If she moves to much or if she runs into your stomach or anything like that it might be a little uncomfortable. But contact with the stomach is normal and ok just make sure its not rough.
    Tishanti

Answer by Tishanti at 11:38 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I would say that as long as you are comfortable you should be fine. Just don't ignore pain, it's your key sign that something isn't right. When holding her just be aware of your bodies signals, if you're feeling faint, light headed, abnormal pain or anything it will probably be time to put her down.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:38 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• If your comfortable its fine. My dd is 2 1/2 and weighs 33 pounds and now that I am almost 35 weeks pregnant I dread every time she tries to climb on me. Sometimes she will push on my stomach when she is trying to get close to me and it hurts soo bad so I just remind her to be gentle.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i have 3 boys all about 11/2 yrs. apart and the 2nd and 3rd baby laid on my belly often. MY 1st son even sometimes accidently kneed me in my belly. The only thing that was hurt was me. The baby will be fine due to the amnionic fluid protecting her.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• avoid heavy drinking and smoking crack, otherwise i think you're fine :0)
    Anonymous