Just friends?

Do you think people can be just friends if they've had sex in the past?

Cherrie522

Asked by Cherrie522 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes. It can be hard sometimes, in the beginning, but as long as everyone is clear that it's just a friendship, you can do it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• If there aren't any lingering feelings about one another, then yes.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yeah but it depends on how much was involved emotion wise. Are both parties okay with being friends? Is there an awkwardness left?
    Joshiesxmama

Answer by Joshiesxmama at 12:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• it changes the dynamics of the relationship once you cross that boundary and makes things awkward but it's possible to still be friends with them. Personally I steer clear of friends I crossed that boundary with. Now if you are talking about ppl who cared for each other and had a sexual relationship then breaking up and JUST being friends, I think that's a whole new ball game. I think that's possible but asking for trouble if that continues and they are with other ppl now. I know my guy and if he was around someone like that I know he'd be having sex with her as often as he still could. He's a slut like that. Not all men are like mine but I'm not married to him so I can't make him behave!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I know in my case, that it is possible to be friends with those that I've slept with. At least I can be friends with them, quite often some will want more, so I then distance myself from them. I have remained friends with a couple of them for years. I do believe most will try to get frisky, but there are exceptions in most any scenario you could think of..

zbee

Answer by zbee at 12:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2009