SAHM ever feel under appreciated and over worked?

I feel like asking for a raise!

LJSMOM31

Asked by LJSMOM31 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL, I think everybody, even those who work away from home feel that way from time to time. ;)

I stayed at home for 5 years and I remember feeling more misunderstood than anything. Ya know, people thinking you just sit around and play all day, or people not understanding why you always want to GO somewhere to get out of the house for a while. lol
    Anonymous

• abso-freakin-lutely! But I guess everyone feels that way sometimes no matter what you do, we just happen to have a very demanding underrated job!
    2boymama

Answer by 2boymama at 12:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• yes, yes, yes!!! That's the way it goes!! And you are never compensated for OT, or doing extra stuff! *sigh* It's a thankless job, but worth every penny you don't get!! ;)
    Anonymous

• Yes, especially on my SO's day off and he doesn't do ANYTHING to take alittle of the kids stress off me. I understand that he needs a weekend too, but would it be too much to take an hour and just let me read or something?
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 1:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I work part-Time and then come home and work some more! I swear my paying job is easier than the home stuff! And Dh just doesn't get it! he comes home I ask him for some help and he say's but I've been at work all day! Hey! I may only work 6 hrs. a day out of the home but let me assure you that the other 12 waking hours have not been me sitting on my rear? And the day's i'm off...What does he think I do all day? How exactly does he think that kids got clean and the dishes washed and floor vacuumed and the clothes washed or the dinner on the table, the list goes on...what does he think, we have an elf?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I know right!! I feel like my DH thinks I sit on the couch watching reality TV and eat Bon Bons all day and occasionally pick up the house.....I suppose the Laundry Fairy gets that done and folded and put away along with the dishes Fairy oh and not to mention the toilet fairy the dinner fairy the dusting fairy....I good keep going but I am sure you all get the point. I wish he did. Chrissifaye I totally feel you yes it is your day off but it is mine too!! Turn off the History Channel and engage with your son so I can take a dang shower! Thanks for the rant I feel much better!
    LJSMOM31

Answer by LJSMOM31 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2009