Signal to noise

Is "saving" one soul worth chasing 99 away?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't understand what's so hard to get about this question... personally imo it is very simple...

Here is an analogy for you all, that about covers this post:
    the seeds you plant are your words..

if your planting seeds in rich soul, and nurture, love, and respect them, they will take root and grow.
    If your not careful with the seeds you plant however, you may not be aware of what your planting.. the seeds you may end up planting could be poisonous.. the seeds always take root. Just be sure you know what your planting.

In otherwords.. be careful of what you say. To you.. you may be spreading the word of God.. to others, your words are like poison. You have to respect others for them to listen. Pay attention to them and your own words.. or your efforts are all wasted, in fact can be dangerous.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I think you're going to have to be more specific.
    Anonymous

• Not it's not. I wish people would understand that. If someone wants to save a person then fine, but there are good ways of doing it, and then there are terrible ways that just end up chasing everyone away. As I said in another post, if you want to save someone it's best to give them the Truth in small doses and let them figure things out for themselves. I think a person can't truly be saved unless they come to that decision completely on their own without coercion. If you are harsh when you try to save someone you not only risk pushing many more people away, but if you "force" someone into your faith through fear then you risk losing them later on because they reacted to your harshness and not of their own accord.

Anonymous

• We can't "save" anybody! A lot of my sisters and brothers in Christ fail to remember that we can not do the Holy Spirit's job of conviction. Plant the seed and let the Holy Spirit water it.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• It isn't an either / or thing.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• It isn't an either / or thing.

It doesn't have to be. Too often it is, though.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• According to the belief systems of some Christians, I absolutely see your point.

I personally believe in Election and that God calls to himself whom he wants (I actually embrace the concept of Universal Election as a possibility because God is ultimately in control, not me). I may be the tool he uses to call someone to himself but that's it, I'm just an instrument. I don't condemn people for what God hasn't called them to and I don't shove the Bible down the throats of others in an attempt to force them to feel the Holy Spirit. I don't believe it is possible for me to personally ruin a plan God has for someone else. God is sovereign, he is in control, he is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. If he wants to call someone to himself, they will come. It doesn't matter what I do or don't do.

JMHO.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• First I can't save anyone, that is God's work. Second, without more details how can we have an intellegent discussion?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• no one comes to Christ unless the Father draws him........I dont remember the bible address for that.
    People don't save....they may talk......they may talk too much
    momof2wneeds

Answer by momof2wneeds at 7:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009