Just found out....

I recently moved back up to my hometown in NY after finding out my BF cheated on me. I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant. We had been trying for months with no success and now this happens when I break up with him. He didn't even try to stop me from leaving. Now I'm wondering what to do. He doesn't seem too interested and I don't even want to tell him about the baby (but know I have to) What should I do now? Please don't be mean, but I don't even know if I want to keep the baby. This wasn't supposed to go this way.

islandmom85

Asked by islandmom85 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell him asap and have him as involved as possible, it is upto u how u feel if u wanna get back with him. The more u include him the more choices u will have when the baby comes, obviously he will have to help financially but if he is more involved u will get more out of him.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• First of all, why were trying to have a baby when you're not even married and secondly you have to tell him, you must obviously care about eachother if you were trying to have a baby.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• u dont have to be married to have a baby. That is ridiculous, what era are u from?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I know thisd is a hard subject to deal with. But he has to know , and it better for both of you to decide on what to do.
    Anonymous

• I planned to get married. I've been in school for a year now and things haven't necessarily gone the way I wanted. I wanted to be married, get my degree, then have a baby. I don't know why I didn't wait. Now I'm starting to wish I did. I feel like a fool. I'm so confused and hurt, and I want to have a baby but not like this. If my mother were alive, she'd be mortified.
    islandmom85

Answer by islandmom85 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• kirsty mcgrall.............of course you don't have to be married to have a baby, but it's the moral and right thing to do. Parents should be their childrens role model.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't tell him anything right now. Take some time for yourself to figure out what you want. See if after some time he comes to his senses. If you decide to have the child and he doesn't want marriage then at least make him pay child support. sorry but the statement about mom would be mortified is a bit ridiculous don't you think? You knew that mom would disapprove when you slept with a man you were not married to and had unprotected sex so let's leave mom out of this, shall we? Just deal with you and now. Let her rest in peace.
    Anonymous

• an abortion will only make you feel worse.not judging but its a child not a choice.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• People's moral's are different staceynoel. It doesn't mean to say one is right and one is wrong it is whatever that person believes in. It does not mean to say she is not going to be a good role model for her child because she is not married, that was a bit ignorant for u to state. She thought she was going to be with her boyfriend forever, married or not. He cheated so she did what was right for herself and left. If she was married or not she would probably still have left him, she would still be in the same situation.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I had a similar situation he left I found out I was pregnant. tried to contact him and he ignored me I also heard from a co worker he said he had nothing to do with me ended up calling me crazy n stuck on him I only tried to contact him twice. Kept my daughter and I have lived fine. 4 yrs later he tried to contact me cuz he saw a pic of her on myspace and wanted to know it was his. I was not mean I let him meet her he said he wanted to be their for her. We saw him that weekend never heard from him since. His loss I have a beautiful daughter n shes my life she loveslife n can care less who her he was or why he came around :D
    Anonymous