How can I put a stop to bailing out husband's friends?

I have come to dislike my husband's expatriate friends. They do not adapt here and some get subsidies, yet they can always find enough money to spend months at a time in the old country. He gravitates towards the most chaotic,problem prone types and spends time bailing them out of largely self caused problems. When it is something I do faster, like typing, I get stuck in these bailouts. I parent and work an outside job full time. I do not want my weekend time to go to these people, but family only. One woman in particular is always calling him with her employment, immigration, my husband is out of time and I'm bored alone type problems and my weekends have been spoiled by this woman. I am not a bondsman and don't want to be bothered with these folks' problems. We have argued about the role of friends in our lives before. What is the solution?

mimismom436

Asked by mimismom436 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• In most cultures the man is the head of the household. Be supportive of his decisions. He knows what he is doing.
    Anonymous

• Honey, I'm afraid his choice of friends says otherwise. He has sacrificed for these folks jobfind or immigration problems to leave nothing for himself. Most of these folks have borrowed $$, and never have it to pay back, yet they always have it to spend on themselves. I am fed up and will not be supportive of these bailouts anymore. I finally got nasty about the last minute call from "Mary" and asked why after 3 years here she wasn't comfortable with English as a 3rd year student in any language should be able to read a short story or simple document. She actually needed me to translate an exit interview survey of all things. How did she fill out the job application? I'm not having any more of this business.
    mimismom436

Answer by mimismom436 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2009