Is the playtex nursing necessities 16 piece petite double electric breast pump kit a good one to use?

I got the pump at Walmart for 80 dollars and its says its also supposed to massage your breasts while pumping

rachael1126

Asked by rachael1126 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Honey the lil 20, 30 bucks one that is a manual work's just as good. I tried the one's that cause 80, 90 bucks and got fed up with them. Then I got one of the lil 25 dollar one's from wal-mart that was a manual pump and it was the best thing in the word! I ended up using it the whole time I was breat feeding.
    mistress1031

Answer by mistress1031 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I had problems producing milk, and I later found out from a lactation consultant that the exact same breast pump was not strong enough. They tole me the same thing, that I would have been better off to have used the manual one. So, i would not recomend it. Good luck!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have used a hospital grade for 3 months now (Medela Symphony) and love it. I was advised by a lactation consultant to stick w/ brands that focus on breast pumps, like Medela or Ameda.
    amazon_jane21

Answer by amazon_jane21 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Okay...the person that said the manual pump is fine is a brave woman! You need an electric one if you plan on pumping often. Manual pumping works but takes a long time and is a pain. The electric one takes long enough. I used the madela pump in style, you can find a used one on craigslist.
    Lisa
    www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 4:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2008