How do you keep food warm?

Do they sell any type of hot plates for babies food? My mom said she had one when I was little.

QuintinsMom520

Asked by QuintinsMom520 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you literally referring to baby food? I'm not sure there is a need to keep it warm for very long as you wouldn't draw out your baby's meal and while we're all used to eating hot food... most babies are fine with their food at room temp.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I would microwave a full jar for about 5 seconds, just to give it a bit of warmth. They were done with it before it had time to cool. There really isn't any need to warm baby food, though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• There's no need to warm baby food if you've had it a room temp. Now if they didn't eat it all and you put it in the fridge for later, then it might need to be reheated (my dd likes her fruit cold if its the next day or later in the day). They have bottle warmers that also warm baby food. And a microwave works just as well.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I meant bottle warmers that warm baby food jars. So if you buy the gerber ones that come in the plastic containers, buy some with jars and just reuse the jars if you prefer to use the warmer and not the microwave.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• The only time I warm my daughter's food is if it's been in the fridge. Then I just out it in the microwave for a few seconds to get the chill out. On hot days if it's fruit I sometimes even leave it cold. Otherwise since it's is just stored on a shelf in the pantry I give it to her room temp. and she seems to like it just fine.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 2:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009