Have you ever had to report another parent to child protective services?

I was just wondering myself...An in law of mine has been reported several times by several different people with good reson too IMO...but i was just wondering who has ever had to and what the reason was...

0MyNameIsMom0

Asked by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• No but they called it on me .It was my mother cousin.He filed a fictious statement.I will go after him though.He is not even related to me .I am adopted and I only have known him for two years.My fathers family can't stand him.
    Anonymous

• I did once and it was awful. It needed to be done but I felt horrible because the kids ended up being taken away and you never know where they go you just have t ohope it is somewhere better.
    Noworktodo

Answer by Noworktodo at 1:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• No, I never have, and only ONE time have I ever thought about it. My neighbor, who consequently worked for the sheriffs office and was never home would leave her 3 yr old dd at home in the afternoons to be watched by her 9 yr old brother and her teen brothers while their dad slept. He must have worked 3rd shift. So, I kept seeing this child in the street riding her bike without supervision and a few times found her in my house in my sons room playing with him without anyone knowing where she was. She would constantly come over and demand that my 6 yr old son come out and play with her. I had to forcefully tell her to go home many times. I went over to let the mom know that she was in our yard without supervision and she said...well, shes used to it. I said, well I wont be responsible if she falls on my trampoline or falls in our ponds because I am not watching her. The mother could have cared less. It made me mad. I never did.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i have wanted to report this in law b4 but i dont know how to go about it...whats sad to me is 1 i have to at all and 2 she has been reported at least 8 times in the 6 years me and my hubby have been married and no social worker has done anything about it...they are a single parent and this house is so disgusting she doesnt work has 4 kids and all she does is sleep and let her kids stay up they are 5,6,7,and 13...her oldest doesnt even go to school...they have been found playing in the street,the youngest almost bled to death when she cut herself playing with a knife while the parent was sleeping...she was took to the hospital and no one did anything about it...it makes me sick...
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I reported my sister (friends since childhood) because I stopped by her house for her birthday and I saw the kids inside. NO ONE ANSWERED THE DOOR. The neighbor (who was 13) came out of her house, saying she was watching the kids all night and that the parents never came home. So she was baking a cake. Well I knew how to break in the house, so I did. There was spilled paint in the kitchen and dirty diapers all over the house. She had just come back from VA and I told her to clean her house up or else. The 13 yr. old came in and said she would stay with the kids, Because I had to get to work. Well I went back on my break to find the kids alone again. So I called 911 and continued. They came and called CPS because the kids now were playing in their urine and fecise (however you spell it) the went upstairs and their were magets in the diapers up their. It was so disgusting. They took the kids. But she got them back the next
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• morning. Now someone else has reported her over 4 times. And they FINALLY gave the kids to her parents. They are fighting for custody of three kids now. They are their foster parents now. ANd it is the best thing for them. As much as I love my friend kids do not deserve to live in those conditions. And I can't stand parents who allow kids to be around stuff they shouldn't.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I had to report a father at the daycare I used to work at. His son was so obviously neglected it was a good thing to call CPS, and I'm glad I did.
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• what was the reason she wouldnt clean it up?
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I had to report my brother& ex-gf when my neice was 5 months old she asked me to take care of her for 1 day ( first time I saw baby) which turned into a week during which she called once. She took her back for 1 night got her ears peirced at the mall,spent the night in a druggies car then called me to pick baby up again when I got to the pizza place to meet her she was giving her Dr. Pepper in a bottle and said she is probably hungry that is all she had since the day before at dinner time when she gave her formula! I took baby home and offered to bring mom too to help her get her stuff together, she said no. Another week of her not calling me and my brother answered his phone once and said they were not in a place to keep her right now would call back in a day or two. Long story short after 1 month I called CPS agreed with bro and gf that I would file for temp custody when the court date came they asked gp's to have her!
    Anonymous

• i have, on the same person, 3 times. her kids go hungry, strange people are always crashing at the house, once she left her 2 year old at the apartment with 2 guys she had just met...i had pictures of his bruises and of the house and of him eating out of the trash...they visited and no one was home, so they left a note that they would be back...and when they went back everything was perfect...go figure!
    Anonymous