I just relized my DS has EVERYTHING!

I have been racking my brain for gift ideas for my DS for Christmas so we can start saving and lay away. It has just occured to me that he has already got everything a boy of 5 could every want. He has a bike w/ training wheels, skates, scooter, camera, v-smile, DS, tricycle, Fisher price back yard toys (Like the big cube), a fisher price FP3 player, like 1000 lego's. Now he has a lot of stuff but he is not spoiled. He never asked for any of it. An no i do not buy him something every time I go out. It has just accumulated between grandparents, hand me downs, and yard sales. Most of it I didn't buy! I swear he is getting nothing but movies and clothes this year. He needs/wants nothing! Any other ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• activites are good, gymnastics, karate, etc... computer games, 5 is old enough for a small pet like a frog or something easy. i have that issue too, ds will be 4 this sept, doesnt want anything for his b-day, i cant get him nothing but idk what to do because he cant get a pet yet and he doesnt like to go to activities.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 4:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• How about swimming lessons or some type of Fan Club membership of some character that he enjoys.

Tickets to a museum, aquarium -- if he like sports, going to a game or something.

My son is only 10 1/2 months, so I'm not really sure what a 5-year-old would like.
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way with our 2 daughters. I have grandparents get usable things like craft stuff or a magazine subscription (our girls like Disney princess and Highlights high five(aka highlights for little ones) -Kids LOVE getting mail!!!!! Also we are getting our daughters will be 3 and almost 5 for Christmas a family membership to our Science center (it saves us money and they can go all year as many times as they want free and get discount tickets to IMAX movie theater all year. Getting activities that last through the year I think will be a fun and more lasting gift and they will be learning without even knowing it!!! :)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I know what you mean. My ds is turning 5 in October and he's getting movies, books, and clothes. I told both my kids they aren't getting any toys from us for Christmas..only what Santa brings and I can tell you he isn't bringing much, lol.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• ::OP:: How 'bout zoo tickets? Is that stupid? It would be for both kids I guess though...Maybe pin a ticket to little stuffed tigers or pandas or something?
    Anonymous

• maybe get rid of some of the stuff and then let him pick out what to do with the money from his stuff
    Anonymous

• Why don't you save money for his college education?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• ::RKoloms:: Why don't you read the question? She want's to know what to get the kids for Christmas. What 5 year old wants a college fund set up?? Besides she said she didn't even but most of the stuff...

I like the ticket idea! A zoo trip would be fun and educational. The whole family could be involved.
    Anonymous