• In the Spotlight:

What name do you like better?

I've decided to call this baby molly but not sure how I want to spell it. Molly or Mollie?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• molly
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I like the more traditional Molly.
    Anonymous

• molly
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 2:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Molly
    Noworktodo

Answer by Noworktodo at 2:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Molly.. trust me. I named my oldest daughter Hayleigh and it's annoying that I can never find tings like cute barrettes, pencils, toothbrushes etc.. with the correct spelling of her name on them... she's 9 now and gets frustrated too. I have 4 other daughters and since Hayleigh I have always spelled them traditional... Emma, Jillian, Kayla and Reese
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Molly
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I agree, the traditional spelling is charming. Molly.

Answer by Bmat at 2:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• as a teacher i would beg with you to pick molly. spelling it molly is easier to teach letters in her name instead of throwing in a silent e at the end, is easier to do in sign language, the kids won't mess it up when they give her the yearly valentines day cards, there is an american girl named molly, more personalized things spelled that way... the list goes on and on.

my name is emily and one of my students has the same name but spells it emmaleigh. we want to switch spellings because she would like to be "normal emily" but i like funky. so, as an eccentric i would say do whatever you want. but as a teacher i would say, don't rock the boat.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 2:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I like Molly
    darksoulwriter

Answer by darksoulwriter at 2:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Not sure if I like this name but if I had to choose I would choose Mollie...
    zorylaineperez

Answer by zorylaineperez at 3:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2009