baby kicking scares me

I'm getting frustrated that the baby kicks all the time, but once my husband has his hand on my stomach nothing happens. I want him to feel the baby, it just weirds me out when i feel or see it. the baby also kicks in 360 degrees, is it supposed to be doing flips? oh and i'm gaining weight everywhere and i'm really snappy. i do not like being pregnant anymore. blah. i'm 24 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol, yes it is normal for it do be doing flips - you are going to think that you are raising a soccer player here pretty soon.

Just wait until you get a little bigger and the baby is running out of room - your belly will stretch all sorts of weird ways and then you'll think you have an alien in your belly.

Dad WILL feel the baby, probably sooner rather than later. It finally took my SO just laying with me with his hand on my belly for 10-15 mins to finally feel her - if I tried to call him over to feel her she was always done before he made it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yes babies are supposed to kick a lot and do flips etc... just wait until you look down and see a foot print or a bum print from the outside LOL

I had the same problem with my husband not being able to feel the kicks. There will be plenty of opportunities later on. My husband would always wake up before me and he'd be ale to see the baby moving around while I was sleeping LOL
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• LOL! I remember that feeling. I don't think my husband was able to feel the baby kick for a few weeks! Finally, I drank a big glass of cold Pepsi and he just started moving everywhere, so finally my husband could feel him.

Enjoy the next few weeks because once you get to the third trimester it can get a little rough. Sleeping is almost impossible -- although because you can't sleep, it prepares you for all the times you'll wake up with your newborn. You need to just try to relax and try to sleep as much as you can!
    Anonymous

• my little one is doing the same thing! It frustrates me when I want my mom of friends to feel him but he will only move for me and at my inconvenience! Ugh!!! He also flips all over my stomach! Im 23 weeks but chill out its normal, just very annoying! lol GL and congrats!

pregnant belly

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Geesh, My baby has been kicking all day. like 12 kicks an hours. grr.

My husband always feels him, he wont quit, lol.

i'm 37wk
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 2:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Don't worry I know that being pregnant is driving you crazy, but all these things are pretty normal. I too am Pregnant. (A little over 26 weeks) I am having a little girl in October. My baby kicks all the time too, and it drives me nuts. The only time she's NOT kicking is when I am up walking around. My OBGYN said that the reason for that is because that's when they feel their in a rocking position, and they go to sleep. My husband can't always feel the baby either, I think the reason for that is just all on patients.
    JMET_62509

Answer by JMET_62509 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i was the same way untill there was one time that my babe just stopped. like he finally tired himself out or something and then i freaked out because he wasn't moving. the grass is always greener on the other side of pregnancy.

as for dad feeling it- he will. i think every kid does that whole, "not doing what you want them to"- gets you ready for later down the road. lol. you're lucky. my hubs would always say he felt the baby and i am like...no...no you didn't. now the two battle eachother. hubs will poke baby and baby will kick him right back and mom is in the middle trying to ground both of them.

good luck. and enjoy- this is something you get to tell babe about later.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 3:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2009