Happy Moon Day!

Happy Moon Day! (reposted)

On July 20, 1969, American astronauts visited our Lady the Moon in person, landing on her surface and exploring it.

more : http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1500340/Happy_Moon_Day_reposted

Question: What, if anything, is the religious significance of the Moon for you?

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was less than a week old when they landed on the moon! My mom watched it all from the t.v. in her hospital room.

Sometimes I've wondered if that was why I'm so drawn to the moon. Who knows? For some reason my favorite is Selene. I finally went on a quest a few years ago to find out why I was so drawn to the moon and why my mood seemed to be connected to its waxing and waning (not in the menstrual cycle way, though). Anyway, I read about Selene and she's always kind of just stuck with me ever since. She's the one I envision now during full moon rituals and other times as well. Anyway, I have since found that most likely I was drawn to the moon because of spiritual reasons.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• IDK but I thought it was the MAN in the moon? lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• There are so many beautiful myths about the moon. One of my favorites is the Asian myth of the hare that lives on the moon making the elixir of immortality. Contemplating the gender of the moon propmted me to write a paper on gender in myth that I am considering publishing.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• That is interesting anime mom.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Happy Moon Day!

Anonymous

• I thank God Creator of heaven and earth that he has given mankind the knowledge, understanding and wisdom to accomplish the task of exploring His creation. God is Awesome!!!
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• amen ptomom
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009