Work at home question...

How many of you work from home and how can i get in on it?My hubby works at walmart and was recently hurt at work and he is having to go back and forth to dr.'s and physical therapists and stuff like that so he's not getting 40 hours and what he is working is killing him ...we can only afford 1 vehicle and i cant drive it and i need to pull in some money to help with bills and necessities any help would be fantastic...thanks

0MyNameIsMom0

Asked by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hi, I know the all familiar doctors visits and therapy appointments. I had to do that several times while working at nursing homes. I have started my own home based business with Motivated Moms and Melaleuca. Let me start by saying that you dont have to be a mom to join, thats just the name of the group. Even your husband can do this too. We work with Melalueca to get people to change stores, so instead of going to your grocery store and buying harsh chemicals to clean your house with you just order all natural cleaners and other products from Melaleuca. There is so much more information that I simply can not fit into a response so if you would like more information you can do one of three things:

Call me at 785-836-7570
    email me at diana_mowery@yahoo.com
    or go to my website at www.motivatedmoms.net/DianaMowery and click on get more info to leave your contact info.
    Mommyto3monkies

Answer by Mommyto3monkies at 3:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Take a look at my work at home article series.  You might find some information that can help you.  I have put them all in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• thanks
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I am a Entrepreneur with Soul Purpose and we are partnered with Youngevity Life Sciences. When you join SP you are given one or two websites the choice is yours. Due, to your vehicle limitations you can use your telephone, computer to invite people over to view your products in the privacy of your home. Or Evite them to your websites. You can partner with one or both again the choice is yours. Come view my page called SharisMom if you are interested. And here are my website addresses. http://ericap.youngevityonline.com or http://ericap.soulpurpose.net
    SharisMom

Answer by SharisMom at 4:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 4:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I work for a company in my area doing data entry at home. If that is something that would interest you, call local data companies and see if they are hiring, and if they offer work from home. Be very wary of newspaper ads claiming data entry at home (especially if they have a big money amount)- most of those are scams.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009