How can I meet other young moms in Jacksonville, NC?

I am 20 yrs old and I am in desperate need of GIRLfriends...I'm getting tired of being stuck hanging out with my husbands marine buddies! I also think I may be suffering from a little postpartum depression and I think if I had a girlfriend my age that could help me get away then these problems would go away..please help me!

LoganBishop

Asked by LoganBishop at 3:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Find some local activities for your child's age. Great way to meet women in a similar place in life.

MOMS Clubs can be both a gift and a curse . . . lol. Groups of women can bring out the worst in each other, however I met some wonderful local moms who I am so thankful to have in my life. To see if there is a local chapter near you check out, http://www.momsclub.org/

TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 3:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You can search here for moms in your area... just click on the MOMS tab at the top of the page.
    Other options:
    Look for a group on www.Meetup.com. You can search for a mommy group, a playgroup, or a group that does a hobby you like (needlecrafts, book club, etc).
    Try Yahoo's group section for the same type things.
    or
    Try one of the national groups like www.MOPS.org or www.MOMSClub.org
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I did the meetup.com and started my own group. its been amazing. Just type in your zip and see what's out there!! In somewhere like jacksonville, there's bound to be several groups so you'll have your pick :)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Do you attend your husband's company functions? Getting involved with his unit will help you meet other wives. What about your neighbors? I'm not sure if the USO still offers belly dancing but I loved it & I met some awesome women. If you can volunteer anywhere, that's also a great way to put yourself out there to meet new people. Good luck!
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2009