Does your dh clean when he watches the kids?

Ok, this is the one and only time I have encountered this, well the only time it bothered me, lol. I went to a baby shower yesterday (my bff's) and I was there for about 4 hours. When I left my house was clean. When I got home I swear a tornando hit!!!! I mean it looked like he hadnt picked up anything!! Their lunch was still on the table (food stuck to the plates and all), there was seriously a million toys in the living room, the baby was wearing a wet diaper, etc. I was so irratated. So,I started cleaning, and thought to myself "he should at least help" Am I wrong to think this??? I mean he is the one who was responsible for the kids while I was gone...Tell me what you think please!

NoGirlsAllowed

Asked by NoGirlsAllowed at 3:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• He should be helping you with that stuff all the time. And even more so if you are gone and he is the adult in charge.

I have to say I got lucky and have a husband that seems to have my house even cleaner when I return after being gone somewhere. And I keep my house pretty clean.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 3:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• He NEVER helps, lol. I am not exaggerating. I am a SAHM and its my job, but still, like you said, when he is the adult in charge, he shoudl help!!!
    NoGirlsAllowed

Answer by NoGirlsAllowed at 3:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My MIL used to babysit the kids at our house. I'd get home from work and it would be the same thing. TORNADO!! It used to frustrate me.
    I am a SAHM, so I do 99.9% of the housework while DH is at work. If he does watch the kids, he makes THEM pick up the messes that they make. We have a "family motto" that we are a Team.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 3:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• He cleans as much as I do.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 4:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• does he clean the house
    ha ha ha ha
    how that IS funny
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• DH CLEANS WHEN HE HAS THE KIDS SOMETIMES, THEN IF I AM SICK LIKE I HAVE BEEN AND HE DONT HAVE TO WORK HE WILL DEEP CLEAN THE HOUSE AND GET EVERYTHING DONE SO I DONT HAVE TO DO MUCH. HE IS A VERY CLEAN PERSON I GUESS THIS CAME FROM HIS MOM BEING MESSY...
    brandyluzdavid

Answer by brandyluzdavid at 5:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• hee hee hee....NO.

as long as they're fed, clean, happy and having fun with daddy. I don't care if the house is a mess. lol

I'm going away this weekend so I know I'm coming home to a wreck, but I try to get as clean and organized as possible so that when I do get home its not so bad.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My husband will clean if he notices something. Of course sometimes he doesn't notice. He wouldn't have left the house in that state, though. He would at least have cleaned up after the meal. Time for a talk about what watching the kids, and the house, means.

Answer by Bmat at 8:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• he takes care of the kids while i'm gone. if i ask him to do something he will, otherwise he assumes he isn't urgent and it can wait for me.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• lmao he sounds like he could be my mans twin......i leave the house clean and come home to a omg what the heck happend i think a lot of men are like that
    Anonymous