my daughter wont stay in her booster seat...

she figured out the buckle thing climbs out and rather stand on the bench and throw food at her brothers and/or the cats....we keep puttin her back in her booster seat and she climbs back out....thought about lettein sit in the bench without the booster but she is little to short to be able to eat comfortably and she rather throw her food than eat it.....any suggestions?

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 3:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD does the same thing... I've let her sit at the table in a "Big girl chair" (regular chair) or on our bench a couple times. She has a hard time reaching her food sometimes, but I think she gets a big kick out of eating like the rest of us.... Maybe she's just trying to show her independence and wants to be like everyone else not in a booster.
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 10:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• get a booster seat with a 3 press buckle! there is no way she can get out of it I promise sometimes I have difficulty getting my daughter out
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• lol, my sister was an escape artist, even at an older age. I think she was six or seven before my dad stopped belting her to the chair for dinner.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 3:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Maybe she's not comfy. My son had a plastic one that was a hand me down that he hated but we bought him a folding one similar to a camp chair only with very stumpy legs obviously which he loves. He still uses it now at almost 4 years despite the fact he can sit quite comfortably without it because he loves it.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• We have the same problem with our son. We figure if he wants to sit on the bench and eat then apparently it is comfortable for him. Who are we to say it is not comfortable?
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2009