Please don't bash me.

Okay. So met this totally amazing man. You know htat feeling where you can't even describe how you feel? That butterflies, numb, blissfully happy feeling? That's how I feel around him. Just blissfully happy. He's so wonderful.
Here's the catch.
I'm still in a seperation from DD's father. Is it fair that I've moved on? I feel like I'm betraying my ex in a sence. Our relationship has become this hateful, tolerance of the other, where we put on an act for our daughter. He's a bit more broken up over it as I called the seperation because he has now cheated on me for the 4th time.. that I even know of. I couldn't take the lies, the betrayal, the hurt or the emotion ditress it caused me. But even after all of that I STILL feel bad for HIM that I leaving him.
This new man in my life has accepted me and my daughter together, he has no children of his own so this is pretty new to him. But wow, I have a perma smile on my face
CONT:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• x shouldn't have screwed up. He knew what he risked when he kept cheating. He'll deal with you moving on. Finding happiness is a good thing. Don't throw it away over guilt. x is the one who should feel guilty. he pushed you away. You found someone else. Embrace that happiness and ride it like a wave as long as you can. Some folks never find what you have. Don't give that up.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• What should I do? I don't want to feel guilty.
    Am I right to feel this way about this man? To move on?
    I really want to, and get this ex done and gone so Ican live again. I haven't been this happy, for a very, very long time.
    This other man, has said he will wait as long as he has to, for me to be ready to move on. I've never had a man just, want to be with me. No strings attached. And it's wonderful.
    Anonymous

• Just make sure u really want it. You cannot stay with someone u r not in love with n e more it is not fair on u or him. Plus cheating on u 4 times hardly means he still loves u right? I mean that is just wrong.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Go for it!!

You are seperated so there's no need to feel quilty. You deserve to be happy and with a man who will love you and your daughter and be faithful to you as well.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• thanks for the question im going thru the same thing and was feelin "weird" about the whole thing...but didn want to ask about it for fear of bashing
    Anonymous

• OMG...same story here. MY SO & I have been together for almost a year now. We met shortly after I broke things off with my ex...for pretty much the same reason's as you, just throw in abusive alcholic who hit his 3 mth old son... My ex was mad that I met someone & accused me of cheating...even though I met the guy after we broke up. He tried everything, you can't move on, your not allowed to see someone else, nobody can be around my kids, you have to give me another chance...etc..etc.... That was hard...you just need to stay strong...you know that you don't want him in your life & hell if your happy you freakin' deserve it!!!! Be happy & be careful. Don't feel guilty because if he would have treated you right then you would still be with him. It's his loss..that's what I tell my ex.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like rebound to me. I, personally, can not understand how someone can go from one relationship directly to another one. Where is the healing or down time??
    It's a short term happiness. Your happy to be out of the other relationship, happy someone else is treating you nice.
    The honeymoon always ends.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 4:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't feel bad...depending on how long you've been seperated. I mean, it sounds like your husband and you aren't going to reconcile, so I think you could move foward in a positive way if you file for divorce. But since you have a kid, be careful about including him/her in your relationships. I'm glad you're happy, but sometimes it takes a lot of relationships to find the right guy and you don't want your child to go through that bonding with someone who may not stay.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• all I have to say is sooner or later you have to do what makes YOU happy. Life is too short to always be worried about everyone elses feelings. Especially when they never even considered yours. Good luck with your new man : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Jul. 21, 2009