Only one foot swollen

I just noticed a little while ago that my right foot is swollen more than my left, in fact my left isn't swollen at all...is this normal or a sign of something? I'm 40 weeks pregnant.

contrariant

Asked by contrariant at 3:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Could be heat, could be water retention, could be pre-eclampsia....keep an eye on it!
    Anonymous

• I am totally not trying to startle you, however, that is exactly what happened to me, and it ended up being because I was in the early stages of pre-eclampsia. I ended up being induced because my blood pressure was so high and going higher.

Anonymous

• With me, it was my left side that was more swollen, and I realized that I put all my weight on my left. Even now (38 weeks) my left foot and calf are noticabley bigger than my right. My dr. isn't worried about it now... Like the first responder, just keep an eye on it and try to keep it elevated. I also liked putting both feet into a bath tub filled with cold water while I sat on the edge. At the end of a long day it was very soothing. If you're 40 weeks and only now swelling you're lucky! I've been swollen for two months! Congratulations - you'll meet your little one soon!
    Anonymous