Don't know what to think........

I was with my ex for 5 yrs. and have 2 children with him. We had a bad break up and I got custody of my kids. We have been apart since Jan. 2008 and I am with someone new, have been since Feb. 2009. Well the problem is all I do is think about my ex, I miss him alot of times. I don't know if it is b/c when I was with him we didn't struggle, I am having such financial troubles now, I am stressed all the time. I was practically spoiled money wise, but then again there were bad times, he would do things to me that were wrong. I really just need some opinions of other ppl, I just don't know what to think.

My5lilangels

Asked by My5lilangels at 4:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I have been in this position and imo you just need to find a way to get closure with your ex.
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 4:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Your not missing him, your missing his money.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 4:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• you miss him cuz it was something you were familar with...i was like that in the begining with my hubby...i was the same way...i never had to worry about money or anything...starting over is hard but if there were problems in the relationship and you both though the best thing was to break up...now you have to try to move past it...its HARD trust me...but it can be done!
    krazi_beautyful

Answer by krazi_beautyful at 4:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• these two men are not the only men in life. Don't limit yourself.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• There is this song called Painting Pictures of Egypt. . & basically what it says is that many times we "glamorize" the past. We tend to want to forget that bad, esp when things are harder now, & want to be where it was "safe" & "comfortable" We want to go back to what we knew. . .even if it was bad at that time. . .we try to forget how hard it really was back then. . .sometimes its because the future scares us. . .I don't know if that makes any sense.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Stop thinking of only yourself. You have 2 kids that need better FROM BOTH OF YOU.
    Anonymous

• yea,i think its bc of ur situation now. bc i think did i mess up by leaving too and it was bc of the money thing. i wouldnt go back to being treated that way for any money ur better off now
    babies1234

Answer by babies1234 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Every one is struggling. U need to appriciate what u have and forget what you once had money and things come and go but memories and life cannot be re-made or stopped and put on hold. Appreciate what u have stop looking back.
    Anonymous

• I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes its easier looking back but if he didnt treat you well- find closer and write that relationship off. Find happiness at where you are in your life with your new guy, You have two beautifukids a man that loves you and a roof over your hea. Thats all you need. The grass always greener on the other side.
    ChaCha1023

Answer by ChaCha1023 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009