Were you with Ameriplan?

I dont want to hear why you are still in Ameriplan. Be respectful, I know its hard for some of you that go around and prospect by asking to be someones friend for the soul purpose of prospecting.

Not friendship, so please try to contain yourself.

If you have left Ameriplan, I want to hear from you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm counfused! You only want to hear from the people with the negative experiences? Why? Are you just looking for a reason not to like Ameriplan?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Getting a sensus of why people left. Fees people cant afford are not something that I consider negative, just inconveinant.

Just want to understand the barriers that kept them from being successful.

The economy is hard and having to deal with waiting months for a return can be really hard on some families.

But if someone has a negative expierience that fine too.

There are 3 companies out there that sell benefits and I want to compare.
    Anonymous

• I baldy wanted to join Ameriplan for 5 years, they claimed that they would have pet benefits soon(5 years ago), I got tired of waiting and went with a place that did.

I have not had bad experiences with them, i cant afford $50 a month for sure, but it was the fact that I was waiting for so long for something they said they were going to have "soon" in my area.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I was with them, they pretty much deceived me from the get-go saying "no sales" when it is in fact sales
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 4:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I was with AmeriPlan and absolutely HATED it! They was NOT upfront with ALL the behind the scene costs that you will be paying EVERY month. Also, when contacting someone from the office, I had NOTHING but negativity from them as well.

As for the "benefits" they provide, you must be one of those that are willing to spend MOST of your day getting people to sign up or else you wont have anything. ALso, the closest doctor I found in my area that would take their cards was 4 hours away. I didnt have the money to go 4 hours every time we needed a doc
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 5:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I was going to sign up with them, because it sounded really good. But who can afford 50 a month? Not me that's for sure.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 7:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yes, I did quit Ameriplan. I was really bad at it. Recently I came back and realized that I just didn't know how to advertise properly. I think it all comes down to who's team your on. My first team didn't give me all the advertising tips that this team does. For me it all came down to switching enrollers and teams.
    Reaching100K

Answer by Reaching100K at 9:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I did it three times, under 3 different mentors. I tried 3 different methods. Once was all online, once was fliers around town and on apartments...and once was putting ads in papers and giving out dvds on the business to friends and family to interest them. I felt like it was sales to me too...and never made a dime. I hated you had to pay a monthly fee, when there are other businesses who give you a free website and do not make you pay monthly just for backoffice stuff. I work hard, so I felt I did all I could...I just ended up losing a lot of money with it and never earned a dime. I know people who do make money with it though.It just was not for me.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Its not even real insurance,and they charge you a monthly fee...and it was confusing all the constant emails of training...but when you needed help, they were rude at home office to me. I got frustrated paying when I never made money.
    Anonymous

• I'm actually glad to be reading some of the comments. I work a different company Scentsy the wickless candle. BUT the reason I say that is my full time job is Insurance. I work at home and have for 11 yrs. I pay medical/dental claims for a company. I know what real stay at home jobs are. I was very lucky with this one. And I see Ameriplan ALL the time. Actually bombarding Everything. And I know all about Ameriplan - from the inside out. I've NEVER said anything or downplayed them. Work is work! Some see this as easy but with ANY business - it all depends. BUT I knew what kind of company Ameriplan is and was always shaking my head as if "if they really knew". Ameriplan is solely based on the people that are signing up! I deal with doctors offices all the time. They have a ton of discount PPO's. Ameriplan .......ummmm... I won't go there but I am glad to see someone from the "inside".
    Thanks for all of your honesty!
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2009