• In the Spotlight:

potty question -- going too often

my daughter just all of a sudden got excited about the potty. Everytime she has to go (and isn't sidetracked with her play), she sits on the potty. *everytime*... so every 20-30 minutes. I'm sure it'll get better, but any tips on how to get her to understand that she should try to get it all out at one sitting? It's not like she's filling the potty chair each time, it's just a small amount and it's frustrating becuase she wants to empty the chair each time and flush.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The only advice i can give is don't show your frustration to her. This is a good thing!! she is excited about the potty - you want that! Just be patient, just like every new toy, this too shall lose its "coolness".
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• my daughter sits on there and nothing, I think she holds it in when she is on there, otherwise some would have escaped by now, so your daughter is doing her thing
    the newness will wear off and she will sit less, try to keep her distractd with exciting stuff so ahe does not think of it so much
    i know easier said then done
    ggod luck, be patient and know that you two are further along than others
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• how long has she been potty training?

my youngest did that exact thing...but for her it was the novelty of going potty! she's since stopped the every 5 minutes, jsut don't show your frustration and go along with her - she's learning
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• LOL... I just wish my dd would pee in the toilet!!! She'll tell me she has to poopy, but then when she's done doing that, she stands in the doorway and pees on the rug... she's like a puppy!!!

She's learning Momma... Good Luck, I agree, don't show your frustration... praise her for pottying, then when she's not looking, scream within!!! LOL.... it'll get better, I'm sure :)
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 10:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2009