How can i get my 3 month old to nap again?

I cant get my three month old to nap. He will stay up all day and wont go to bed till about midnight. Every time I try to put him down for nap time he will start crying and wont go to sleep but he will spend the rest of the day crabby from not sleeping and fighting sleep.Anyone have any advice as to how i get him to sleep during the day?

Dylansmom32509

Asked by Dylansmom32509 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just let him cry himself to sleep. Then he should just start going to sleep on his own!
    Anonymous

• Are you nursing? If so do you watch what you eat(caffeine, sugars etc) I'm not sure if I had an easy baby or not, but I read a book called The Happiest Baby on the Block and it had so much useful information. I would swaddle my little girl and rock her and she would fall right to sleep. I learned how to distinguish her different cries, hungry cry, bored cry, gassy cry, tired cry) If it was a tired cry I would swaddle her, give her a pacifier and make shhhhing sounds in her ear ( this supposedly mimics the comfort of the womb and sounds they hear in the womb) Again not sure if it was the helpful info from the book or if I just had an easy baby. Good luck!

Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 6:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My baby is 15 weeks. he goes to bed between 8 and 9 at night and wakes between 6 and 9 in the morning. He will usually play with his fingers for a good hour before crying for food in the morning. He does not take long naps during the day though. He takes a short nap every 2-3 hours and sometimes in teh evening he will take a long 2 hour nap. Whenever he starts to scream out and make high pitched noises and rub his eyes and whine I know he is tired. I either lay on the couch with him on his side and pat his butt really hard and give him the pacifier or I rock him in the recliner with me patting his butt. Soon as he gets his butt patted his eyes roll back. It does the trick. Try diffrent things. Look for the signs of tiredness and try to get him down right then. Dont wait till hes screaming from tiredness. Eye rubbing yawning whining. And put baby to bed early , 9 is good, babies tend to sleep longer the earlier their put down.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I dont mean REALLY hard like spanking lol. just a tap tap tap. alot of babies really love it. they need something to comfort them. my son used to go to sleep with the bouncy chair vibrations but now that doesnt seem to work as much. or try a SWING. also a bigggg hit when baby is crabby. surely will soothe tosleep.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2009