How easy is it to get pregnant right after you have a baby?

KendraCagle

Asked by KendraCagle at 3:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have heard it's really easy. Look at the celbs who do it. Usually the doc says it so easy that most tell you not to for 3 months after the last baby.
    ConnersMom06

Answer by ConnersMom06 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• well we tried for 6 months wih our first and about 7 months after he was born i got preggers and wasn't even trying
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 4:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Yes. Two of my children are 10 months apart. If you are breastfeeding then no, you will usually have a natural barrier against pregnancy until your period returns.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i think it depends on you. i know women who got pregnant practically the next month. i also know women who tried for years to have a second baby.
    anniekelleher

Answer by anniekelleher at 4:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• It depends on your own body... some women get pregnant within the first 2-3 months after having a baby, whether they're BF or not. Some women take longer to get their hormones and stuff back to normal.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• 2 of my children are 1 year apart.i thought i had the flu with my second one .and the docter said no you are pregnant lol
    debdon

Answer by debdon at 5:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• LOL! Its pretty easy. I had just stopped bfing my son when he was a month old and within a month I was pregnant again. My kids are 11 months apart to the day. I strongly recommend that you DON'T get pregnant again so soon. Most docs will tell you that you need at least a year in between pregnancies to let your body heal!
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 7:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2008