Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i call him on it?

found out that my older brother raped my cousin when she was 14, he got her drunk and had his way with her, but he denies all of it sayin it never happened. he had molested me when i was 2 to about 8...he acts like he is perfect person and doesnt want ppl to think he is this horrible person

also is there a statute of limitations on that kind of stuff as far as legally?


Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • call a local rape crisis center and ask. Each state is different on statutes of limitations.

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

  • You have to stop him before there is yet another victim How many have to go thru this before you do something about it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

  • I think 5 years is the statue of limitations on rape but you should call cops and report it anyway.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

  • Hmmm I am not sure how long the statue of limitations is but I would still contact the police and report it. Maybe since you and your cousin were both minors, they might be able to do something about it.

    Answer by MizLee at 5:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

  • You do have to do something! Contact the police! You can't let this go on. He has donethis to two people already, that you know of. You can't take the chance he will hurt another little girl....think about it, his next victim could be your child!

    Answer by robinann5 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

  • Statute of limitations is different for each state. I would report it though. I went through something similar when I was 5. I blocked it out till I was 18 and had a breakdown. I told my mom about it as the suspect was her family member and she told me too bad, should have said something then. I was so mad at her for that.

    As a victim of sexual assault you should be concerned about your healing, you and your cousin. You should bring this forward to the cops and let them know. There is counseling available and support groups to help. God be with you and good luck.

    Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009