how old is too old?

i read that that mom who gave birth to twins at 67 just died at 70. so how old you think is too old to have a baby?
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=101824317676&ref=nf

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• There should be a reasonable expectation of being alive to raise the child until the child can become independent- finish college, have a job.

Answer by Bmat at 5:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I agree with PP. I dont believe there is a set age, but frankly......66 was a bit old.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• When you hit menopause.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 6:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I'm 45 almost and wouldn't even dream of a child now. But for others, if your body has stopped producing the things needed to support pregnancy, that is you have gone through menopause, it's probably God's way of telling us to stop having kids. The woman above was just plain selfish, now her children pay the price.

These are issues that we as a society have to deal with, we have the technology but we haven't discussed the moral implications of it's use.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I think 40 should be the absolute oldest a woman should have a new baby. She would be 58 when the child was 18. People need to consider how old they will be when the child is grown.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I believe when your body can't make babies anymore. Did she have fertility drugs or something?
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 9:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I read that, and one of the ladies who commented had a point. None of us know when we will die. It could be tomorrow. Doesn't that make all of us selfish??? I think it was bad that she lied about her age, but obviously she wanted those babies and thought she would live longer. I could say the same thing about myself. My mom died last year at only 51. Her mother is still alive (in her 70's). Her grandmother was 99 and and grandmas brother was 103. You just never know.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2009