how to induce labor at home

I am 40 wks and I need to get her out. what are some home remedies that ya'll have tried and worked to induce labor at home?
The reason I want to induce is b/c I want a natural birth and I don't want them to break my water or induce me medically.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i disagree with the first poster... inducing labor at home is different than giving birth at home.... giving birth at home is probably not suggested without the proper help. inducing labor at home can be as simple as having sex... (semen will make you contract) or nipple stimulation or arrousal and things like that... as soon as you get started then you should call your doc and get checked out...

We had sex 3 days after my due date and started labor...
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Leave that to the doctor. Being pregnant is uncomfortable but you wanting a natural birth may sound wonderful and peaceful at first but if something goes wrong and you have no medical attention around to assist with the delivery may cost you or your baby's life. Don't make that mistake. If you want to go into labor then request an induction at a hospital.

lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• if doc ok'ed

the big O for you

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• the doctor said ok
    Anonymous

• sex
    nipple stimulation
    raspberry leaf tea

Answer by rkoloms at 5:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2009