does the baby drop?

i'm currently 6 months. i was wondering when does the baby drop and when do you start dilating like is it in the 30th week and up or can it start like in the 20th week i'm so confused on all this, this is my first baby. Thanks

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dropping can happen as early as the 7th month, but in almost all cases, it happens in the ninth month. Some babies never drop at all and the doctor has to assist the mother with that during labor.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• The baby will drop when the baby is ready to. That won't happen early on in the pregnancy. You will start dropping near the end of the pregnancy. You will know the difference. When the baby's head is in the canal and you start walking, it will feel like the baby will fall out of you...that's why we waddle.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• With your first pregnancy the baby can drop up to 4 weeks before you go into labor but it just depends the baby could wait and drop later. Some people dialate slowly over the course of weeks and some dialate really fast so its hard to say.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• baby #1 dropped about 4-5weeks before she was born - it was overnight and VERY apparent to other people and to me, i could breathe! but had to pee every 10seconds. doctor didn't do internal exams for dialation.

#2 dropped 1 week before she delivered. same doctor as #1 - he didn't believe in doing internal exams until actual labour or distress.

#3 didn't drop until I was induced. I was dialated 3cm for the last 6 weeks of pregnancy.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i'm right at 33 weeks & my baby dropped a few days ago
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2009