Any ideas for a long weekend get-a-way for family in Nov.?

We are looking for a get-a-way from a Thursday to Sunday in early November. Preferrably within driving distance from the Philadelphia area. The kids are between the ages of 8-11. Any suggestions would be great!!!

pattib72

Asked by pattib72 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Travel

• Hershey? How about an ocean resort- prices should be reduced then. Or a trip to New York City?

Answer by Bmat at 5:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You could go to Hershey, there's the Crayola Factory somewhere a couple hours away from Philly which i loved as a kid! You could go camping. They have (or had when i was a kid) a campgroud (KOA) in Allentown which we liked, but im not sure if they're open year-round, they had cabins. You could take a 3 hour drive and go to the Jersey Shore. I'd suggest Wildwood, NJ over Seaside. The boardwalks (if still open that time of year (it's been years for me) have shops and food stands and games. You could go to Six Flags which i believe is in Jersey as well.

Those are just suggestions.
    Anonymous

• If u like water parks, look up great wolf lodge & see if there is one near you. Its all indoor, so the time of year doesn't matter! :) they also have diff activities during the day for diff ages. (Bedtime stories, arts & crafts, etc). I haven't been, but I've heard a lot of good! We're going in Sept... :)
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 5:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Dang I was going to mention Great Wolf lodge. I beleive they opened one up in the Poconos so it's about a 2 hour drive from Philly.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• How about Niagra Falls??
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2009