how do know when your falling out of love or not in love with someone anymore or aleast the way you use to be.

ive been with my dh a long time since the mid 90s. i was in my teens when i meet him and things feel diff now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Close your eyes and picture your life right now "without" him in it. Do you picture lonliness or emptiness? Depending on your answer will depend what direction you need to take. I asked this question before I filed for divorce with my first husband. My answer to myself was- with him in my life I was lonely and empty. This is how he made me feel being around him, like he really didn't care if I were there or not.
    Anonymous

• I think that is very common, that love evolves as people evolve. You weren't the same girl you were then. You're different now. People change and so do points of view. Maybe this feeling is where your love is changing too. Into something different, stronger perhaps. Ask your DH if he is feeling differently towards you as well. Maybe your feelings are changing based on cues you are getting from him. Hope that helps.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• That is why the vows say" for better or for worse" You have to work at it. Start dating him again. Find out what your likes and dislikes are again. Marriage is a covenant and not a contract you just cancel because things change.
    Necie11

Answer by Necie11 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I think you should do something for yourself and find what you want. It takes a lot of strength to ask before it starts to go bad. you shold find out what you want for your life and from your relationship. This will give you a place to start. I went back to school and started working on writing for publication I always wrote but now I work harder for production and publication. You should figure out what you want Only you can know this. figure out and then talk to husband and find out how its going to work for you for both of you. Good luck!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• ppl grow, relationships go into different stages as we grow. Talk to him about where you two are now and where you want the relationship to go or if you want to call it quits. Communication is the key

Answer by admckenzie at 6:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2009