What is the "fanciest" restaurant that you have ever been to?

Mine is Commander's Palace in NOLA.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Hmm... To be honest, Olive Garden! We'e not "fancy" people at all and don't have that kind of money to spend. Now if you want to go expensive, It's be McGuire's (a local Irish restaurant). Great food, relaxed atmosphere, but depending on what you get, it can be $100 for two people. Luckily, me and DH love their burgers so we can get out without spending more than $40, including tip. :)
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• before kids I was a chef so had the opportunities to dine in many 'fancy' restaurants.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I grew up in a wealthy area of CA so my family frequented "fancy" restaurants. Personally I wasn't impressed with many of them. I was a good girl and behaved as expected but now that i am an adult I tend to stay away from them if possible. The whole environment is pretentious imo. I'd rather be in a more down to earth atmosphere.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Charlie Trotter's in Chicago

Answer by rkoloms at 7:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Joe Muir's in downtown Detroit but like so many other places in Detroit, it closed years ago.
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 7:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• The Melting Pot. It's also my favorite. Mmmmm....sooooo tasty!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Either Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (sp?) or Ray's on the River, in Atlanta, Georgia.
    kmhmom999

Answer by kmhmom999 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• The Skamania Lodge on the Columbia River. On the border of WA and OR. We go there for a weekend getaway every couple years---pricey, but DELICIOUS food.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 9:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009