My son is wonderful!!

Ok, just a little background, I am a single mom (never saw it coming!!) with 4 wonderful kids at home wtih me. Dad doesnt have the time to help. (go figure) Anyway, I am so thankful for my 14 yr old son because he does what I ask without any attitude and even thanks ME for the things I do! He tries to help out with the smaller kids, and has seemed to become a grown up over night. I love hearing stories of how great we think our kids are instead of how some are bad mannered, etc. I get compliments on how respectful my kids are, and it makes me feel good as a single mom. Anyone want to share a special story with me?

loving_mom7

Asked by loving_mom7 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• DH, I, his son (age 14), my son (age 8), my niece (age 8) and nephew (age 12) went to New Orleans for a weekend trip. We all had gone to a nice steak restaurant for dinner and though it was crowded and we had no reservation we were seated at a long table in the bar. There were extra chairs open at the end of our table and another couple was seated there. The children were advised what they were allowed to order (some are picky eaters) and they sat quieltly, patiently, waited for each course, passed food politely, no yelling or cracking jokes at the table and it was a nice dinner.

The couple at the end of the table, whom we've never met, told DH and I that they don't normally see children in the restaurant and wanted to compliment us on how polite each child was and hadn't seen children of varying ages so well behaved. I was so proud. All the kids got to order dessert as a special treat. We're lucky to have great kids.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• That is so awesome!! There are so many things I could add to the above story, but it would become a book!! lol good going on manners momma!!
    loving_mom7

Answer by loving_mom7 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• good job mama, he sounds great :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• thats great!!!
    i must say mine is usually a terror for me BUT i must be doing something right.....
    my papa (who is 85) is pretty old fashioned, we were there visitig last week and he commented to my aunts about what a good kid my son is, how well mannored and how well he minds....my aunts told me to take to complement, that papa doesnt usually say things like that
    i was so proud
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Want to trade kids?
    Anonymous

• I have autism and can only stand to be touched by very, very few people, and my own mother was never on my "list." Last year, when she was diagnosed with one type cancer one week and literally had it in five other places less than two weeks later, my son, 16 at the time, stepped up in helping her get to places in the house, and to doctor appointments, along with doing other things to help out. The whole three weeks was total nightmare before we got her into hospice. I really have no idea what I would have done without him.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I am so sorry to hear about your mom, roachie, and your son sounds awesome!! And, anonymous, no can do my friend!! lol
    loving_mom7

Answer by loving_mom7 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I feel the same way about my kids! My oldest daughter (7) is a very sweet and smart little girl, she has won awards for inventions, she loves learning, she is very friendly, gets along with almost every one, she's a little love bug with an amazing sense of humor and a knack for story telling and is great with her brother and sister.

My son is an angel, such a perfect little man, he is very intelligent, a little clown, very cuddly, he knows how to make any one smile and laugh, he is a Velcro baby at this point but I don't mind one bit my lil man has me wrapped around his finger! (2yo)

My youngest daughter is already an amazing baby, she is very cuddly, super smiley, she never cries, is not a fussy baby, she's just perfect! LOL all of my children are perfect! (7wk)
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2009