home is where the heart is....what if your heart cant decide? :)~

Ok so I live in va currently. I was here when I got prego , and moved to Fla for 2 1/2 yrs, then came back. No hubs, son's father not around. My mom lives in kenya, rest of the fam in fla and ga. I swore I was here for good, but after a recent visit I am sooooo torn.
Advice anyone?
pros of fla - fam. cheaper cons "down south thinking" (my son is mixed)
pros of va - 1 close friend/2nd mom type, son is in a good school cons expensive as hell, all alone feeling

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you should move where you can afford. And we do live in the 21st century... tell people to get over it if they have a prob with your son being mixed! Do what is going to be easiest on you and your son. I would love to live near my family, but my husband couldn't find a job there so we're living 12 hours away from them in FL near his family. i'll be prayin for you hon! i know it's a hard decision... i would rather live near my family (if their supportive) :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• :)
    Im a nurse ( 1 1/2 yrs now) :)
    so I should be able to get a job...
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• that is wicked awesome! :) I couldn't be a nurse! lol but if i was you... I would move back home
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I would move where I could afford to live, we live in florida and are looking to move out of state because the property taxes and insurance is way to high an it does not look like it is gonna get any better anytime soon. As far as your son being mixed if the people here in florida don't like to damn bad he has the right to live where he wants and so do you. who are they to judge you or your son, they have no right to judge.
    CHEFRUTHANN

Answer by CHEFRUTHANN at 7:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• ya ya i know no one haas the right to judge...but that fact is i ran in to problems in fla when he was a baby and i havent here.... i would like him to face as little aggrivation as possible...but i would be moving to a diff side of town if i go
    in va there is property tax on cars and annual inspections on cars, and state tax that comes out of paycheck.....none of the above in fla
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2009