40 weeks 3 days

3 days past my due date. SEVERE back pain when I move or walk or anything.....and my ussually super hyper baby has not moved that much today. I cant call my doctor because it is Sunday...should I go up to the hospital and let them hook me up to the monitor just to be sure that everything is okay? I dont want them to think that im just anxious to have the baby (which I am) but I really am concerned as to her not moving that much..I drank water, layed down for an hour and all that good stuff and she honestly has slowed down a LOT today. If it was yall would you go just to make yourself feel better or just wait it out?

Jessaroo1987

Asked by Jessaroo1987 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go in for sure. Better safe then sorry.. maybe you'll get lucky and they will induce you.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• yes! go in as soon as you can and get checked.normally if they slow down, its because your close to labor, or so ive been told
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i wouldn't worry unless you haven't felt her at all. she probably has nowhere to go lol. and yea i also heard when you're close to labor they really slow down. but it wouldn't hurt to go in and get checked.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't worry. Babies naturally slow down just before they are born. I forget why though. Also 40 weeks 3 days is not that overdue. Just do your kick counts and try to relax. You're probably almost there :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i went 2 weeks overdue and my baby had her days where she wasnt very active..i was told that its just like adults, sometimes we go go go, and then all the sudden were sooo tired and dont want to do anything, just need to rest..as long as i felt her somewhat i wasnt worried..its when you go hours without any movement that you should be really concerned with..just to ease your mind, call the hospital labor and delivery and see what they say..usually doctors offices have somebody that answers phones after hours and weekends..try to call and see if it goes thru..GL!!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• well i went with my 2nd child 41 weeks and 6 days if i were u i would demand a bio physical profile just to make sure ur little one has enough amniotic fluid see in my situation my son had little to none and he wasnt moving or anything so i was induced he went into stress i ended up having an emergency c section and he came out with allot of breathing problems due to being so late he spend 4 weeks in the NICU and it sucked so tomarrow morning call ur ob and let them know what is going on !!! GOOD LUCK
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• does your dr not have an answering service or a triage nurse on staff to take calls? that's who i called if i had any ?s or i called L&D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2009