how to handle babies gas?

my babygirl has been having really bad gas lately,actually i think its been ever since she switched to formula..shes on enfamil gentlease cuz the first one made her puke alot!..and she dosnt puke with this one, she just has gas all the time...is there anything other than the gas drops and doing the leg exercises that i can do to help ease the gas? is it possible she needs soy based formula instead? oh and she never had gas problems with breastmilk.

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh my gosh I know what you mean when it comes to gas and babies when my 8 month old was born and I started to give him bottles he had such terrible gas and he couldn't fart it out, and I bought him a new bottle you can get them at walmart hey vent out on the bottom and they are like five buck and I haven't had a problem since, but before my gosh he would cry all night I would have to carry him around for like 3 hours almost every night and rub his belly it was horrible, so try a new bottle and I hope that works

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• im using the playtex bottles with the disposable bags
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I found using an avent bottle helped, as did burping after every 2 ounces. it makes feeding take forever, but it seemed to help when I got the air out the top end before it got stuck in the belly.
    I found she was very comfortable when I laid her belly down on my lap.

I also used the mylicon drops- any particular reason you don't want to use them?
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• im using them and im doing the leg exercises and burping every 2 ounces
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Playtex drop-ins bottle.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• GRIPE WATER!!!! Pick one with Oil of Fennel and Sodium Bicarbonate in it. Give it to her before her bottle (especially before her bedtime bottle) and it will help with burps and gas. Or, you can just give it to her when her gas pains are bothering her. It will settle her tummy right down. Best stuff ever!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my cousin (in laws) have a little boy who is six months now but he had what they thought was just bad gas, at his one month appointment they asked the doc and eventually found out he had a reflux kind of issue- so he had to take medicine for it... maybe it's more than just gas?
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 3:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2009