Kids and TV - Stop the addiction!!

My 3.9 year old daughter is addicted to TV. It all started when she attended a home day care and the tv was left on all day. I am now home with her full time, and concerned. If I turn it off she gets very upset and screams which uspets her 2 year old brother and 4 month old sister. Any suggestions other than throwing the TV out..lol.

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just be consistent. Try a chore chart or something of that nature and when she gets so many stars or checkmarks, she gets X amount of tv time.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• my son that is almost 4 did the same thing threw his fit when I turned the tv off and I completely ignored him and he got over it pretty fast and just started to play with his toy, you just have to completely ignore her when she trows her fit

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I dont know girl. My tv is always on noggin during the day, but they hardly ever watch it. My 3 year old might watch 2 whole 30 minute shows per day.
    NoGirlsAllowed

Answer by NoGirlsAllowed at 9:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• have a set TV time.

stay strong and don't give in even if you know it will make everyone happy.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Do you have any music channels on your tv? We have like 20 music channels, so when I feel like my kids have watched enough tv, I turn to a music channel. They can't complain because the tv is still on, it's just playing music.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Ignoring the fits is definitely the best advice (loovemybabies). If you give in they know all they have to do is throw a fit and they will get their way, it will be hard at first but like she said they get over it pretty quick
    LydiaArce

Answer by LydiaArce at 11:34 AM on Jul. 21, 2009