DD and I broke down on the road today; a wonderful family invited us into their home.

I need an idea of something I can bake or cook for them to say thank you for their kindness.

Any ideas?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sorry for the cheese but that story actually makes me feel a little better about the world tonight. Nice to know there are still nice people out there - not just he nice family that helped you, but your family for trusting strangers and making friends with people that don't even share the same language.

I'd make a cake or a pie - something that regular people don't make all the time. Cookies are easy to make, and people don't really get cake unless it's their birthday.
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 7:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• idont know..but thats awsome
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yeah, it was awesome. This family hardly spoke English and I hardly speak Spanish. They gave us food and water, entertained my toddler and even assisted in fixing the car. GREAT PEOPLE! I just want to say thank you in a special way to them!!!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Nothing says ty like a cake or a pie. Sugary sweets are a universal thank-you :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Chocolate chip cookies

Answer by rkoloms at 7:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• If they had children I would bake a whole mess of cookies and bring a jug of lemonade too. If no kids I might do pound cake and bring some strawberries and cream and the most lovely thank you card I could find.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Angel food cake, for being angels for helping you in need. corny, yes. But that's alright.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 7:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• If your daughter is old enough, having her make them a thank-you card to go with whatever baked good you make would be really cute.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• What is your specialty? Are you an especially good baker? I think everyone loves cookies.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 9:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• if you are not sure maybe a local bakery cake that says thank you and a nice card with a $10 dollar gas gift card in it or something like that I'm glad you had help ;-)

Anonymous