Anyone ever worked with GreenPath Debt Solutions?

I can't seem to find any bad reviews online. Anyone have a bad or ineffectual experience with them? Any positive experiences?

MichiMomma

Asked by MichiMomma at 7:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't know anything about that specific company, but I do know that there isn't anything that a debt consolidation company can do for you that you can't do for yourself. You can call your creditors yourself and make payment arrangements and it isn't going to cost you additional money. These companies don't have any special powers that can make creditors works with them when they wouldn't with you. In fact you will probably have a better chance of pleading your case than they will, especially if they do the things that NotPanicking described. You can change your own financial situation. I highly recommend the book The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. You should be able to get it at the library. There is also a group on here called Dave Ramsey Fans with a bunch of very nice, helpful women that can point you in the right direction.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• No I haven't worked with them... have you tried the BBB to see what they have on them. If they don't have anything on them- I wouldn't trust them.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yes I checked BBB. GreenPath has been in business since 1961 and has only had one complaint, so I guess that's good. I just wondered if anyone had any personal experience.
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 9:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• From the creditor's point of view, you may be wasting your money & time. Your creditors are not required by law to work with any debt service. In my experience, the request we received from places like Greenpath were form letters. They never made a personal plea on behalf of the client, stating their case. They faxed us a letter, we said yes or no. If it was a no, depending on the service we'd get a 2nd request, then we'd never hear from them again. In the meantime, time was working against the client. In our computer, requests from debt services did nothing to change the past due balance or dates, so it was still that much closer to a lawsuit, leaving them even less time to try to make arrangements on their own above what they were paying to the debt service. The only time we'd say yes is when the service offered at least as much as the min we'd take in court.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2009