Is one cup of cofee in the morning bad for you during pregnancy!

nica_bella

Asked by nica_bella at 7:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• depends on who you ask. 300 mgs and under of caffeine per day is said to be safe.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Nope, it's fine.
    Anonymous

• I asked something similar a couple of weeks ago. Tons of mommys said they drank a cup of coffee throughout their pregnancy.

I drink about 5 cups of coffee in a week.

A word of advice though, especially in light of my trip to the ER on Thursday (caused by, basically, exhaustion and dehydration). If you are too tired to wake up without a cup of coffee --- go back to sleep and get the rest you need!!!

Also, be highly conscious of your water intake when you drink coffee. This probably seems like a no-brainer, but we are in the summer months and it's easier to become dehydrated than we are used to.

If I remember correctly, a Starbucks cup of coffee has about 175 mg of caffeine in their tall sizes, which is below the general 300 mg a day guidelines. Too bad not all coffee houses list their caffeine content!
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 7:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• A cup or 2 of coffee a day is fine.
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 7:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• 12 oz is fine. I was told AFTER the first trimester though. I drank nothing but water the first trimester. Now that I am in my second, and starting to feel a bit more normal, I can have one soda, or a coffee, whatever. After that though, alot of Doctors and books state juice and water after that though for the rest of the day.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• no
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2009