I need to know how to make Authentic Guacamole.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Tell your Dh to learn how to do it himslef if it that inportant to him.. lol JK.. We don't eat guac.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 8:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I have no idea of mine is authentic or not but it's quite tasty. I make just enough for me and my husband to eat at one sitting, so add more ingredients for more people.

1 avocado
    1/4 to 1/2 small tomato chopped very small
    1 jalepeno (without the seeds) chopped
    2-3 cloves of garlic (we really like garlic)
    juice from 1/2 of a lime
    about a tablespoon or so of cilantro (to taste) - we kind of eyeball it and taste it
    salt to taste

I hate onions, but probably about 1/2 of a small onion chopped, if you like them
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Authentic for what region of the world? American Guacamole is different form Mexico, Mexico is very different from Spain, it is different still in Chile and Brazil.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• heck guacamole is differenter in New York than it is in Florida and California is way different too
    Anonymous

• OP HERE: DH says that I need to learn to make "real" guac. I haven't a clue what he means. I'm guessing authentic as in from Mexico. I had no idea guac was so different in various locals...sorry.
    Anonymous

• Mexican Guacamole frequently has onions, lime juice, jalapeno or serrano peppers depending on your heat preference. Frequently finely minced red and yellow peppers will be in it too cilantro fesh salt and pepper. Guacamole is really a 'to taste" kind of dish. Ask your husband what he WANTS in his guac.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• 4 avocados, seeded and peeled
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 tomato, finely chopped
    1/4 cup finely chopped onion
    2 chopped serrano peppers

Using a fork, coarsely mash avocado with lemon juice and garlic. Stir in remaining ingredients to blend. Garnish as desired and serve with tortilla chips.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• OP: LMAO, Say Tay. He swears it is pronounced Walkamuulea. He always corrects me when I use the correct pronunciation. LOL
    Anonymous

• When I grew up my mom always made it with avacado, onions and mayo! And that was it. I loved it then, but now I make my own. We have friends that put sourcream in thiers, but I just don't like adding mayo or sourcream.

I do imine all to taste,but this is what I put in it.

Avacados
    Garlic
    Chopped tomaotes
    Little bit of Salt and Pepper
    Cilantro
    Cumin
    Paprika
    Mexican Oregano
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I just use avocado, lime juice(fresh), and a bit of salt. I really couldn't tell you how much of each, it changes based on the size and ripeness of the avocado. I mush it all up with a fork, so it's still a bit chunky. And I taste to see how much salt and lime it needs
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2009