If your first child was absolutely perfect -- sleeping wise -- how was your second child?

My son is 10 1/2 months old and since he was 6-7 weeks he's been sleeping right through the night. Starting at 5-6 months we have been able to put him into his crib wide awake and he'll put himself to sleep and sleep until 6:3o-7 a.m.

He only cries if he's hungry or tired -- and even then crying isn't like a loud cry, just a small little whimper. He's very independent.

Now because of this, I wonder what the statistics are for my next child. I have this feeling he/she will be a monster child. LOL Never sleeps, cries all the time, all that wonderful stuff.

So if your first child was like mine, how was your second? Or vice versa, if you had a crying, non-sleeping baby was your second like mine?

Thanks! I know you never know, I just want to see what other people's experiences have been.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Both of mine have slept thru the night since 3 weeks. I love it!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• From the time i brought my first child home she slept through the whole night, until 6am. It was awesome. My second was a little harder. She didn't stick to any schedule i tried to make for her, sometimes she woke at 4am , sometimes 2am....ect. But after 6 months she was sleeping through the night as well, for the most part.

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Well my son was great until he got croup. Then it was 15 minutes of cool air and 15 min of moist and he got used to be "up". So he regressed a bit at about 6 mos, but by 8 mos. he was sleeping through the night again. Daughter was actually a better sleeper than DS and I thought DS was terrific.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• my daughter slept through the night from 3 weeks old, she was a teriffic napper. my son was colicky, didn't slip through til nearly 11 months, and is a very very light sleeper.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My first child pulled his first "all nighter" when he was 3 weeks old. He slept for 12 hours straight. He then settled into a routine of sleeping about 9 hours. My second child didn't sleep more than 11/2 hours at a time for 4 months. It was so difficult to manage to get enough sleep. We were ecstatic when he actually slept for 5 hours in one night. My third child began sleeping 6-7 hours at a time when he was about 8 weeks old. He never got up more than once before that. If my 2nd child had been my first, there would never have been a 2nd (or 3rd)!!!!

sleep

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My first was a pretty easy baby. She didn't cry much and slept great at night. My son came along 15 months later and was the complete opposite. He had colic and reflux and was easily overstimulated when he was tired and pretty much screamed all night long.
    My 3rd was a breeze, even easier then the first. She was sleeping through the night at 5 weeks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My first was a perfect baby. She only woke once a night, and slept from 8pm to 7:30 am by 5 weeks old. She only cried when hungry, or in pain (both of which weren't that often since she was well fed, and never had a reason to be in pain). She would even have sat is a messy dipe all day without complaining if i'd let her. She loved her swing, and bouncy seat, and was just an all around easy going baby. My second daughter was a nightmare. She never slept, I couldn't ever put her down, she cried all the time, hated the swing, AND bouncy seat, and during the few times I did get her to nap, she'd wake up if a mouse farted outside her window. At 4 years old, she's still a pistol. My third daughter is a combo of the two, but leans more towards my oldest. Thank goodness!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2009