• In the Spotlight:

Why is it so wrong to answer anon? sometimes I do it because in the past I've gotten unwanted emails and wanted to avoid them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have no idea, as long as a person is being respectful. I often post anonymous because I have family and friends that are here on Cafemom and if I relate one of their personal stories to help someone, I don't want them to realize that I am referrencing them. I also don't think said family and friends need to know my opinions and views on everything.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I don't think anything is wrong with answering anon but when people get rude and be smart ass or say we are stupid for asking questions like that it is super annonying. Like if you are going to do that don't post anon, show who you really are. you know.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• it's not "wrong" to answer anon. my experience is that hitting the anon button gives SOME people the set of balls they wouldn't normally have. they tend to answer with ignorance, a bad attitude, impoliteness, and general meanness-i think that is why SOME people get upset (myself included) at times. jmo...
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Theres nothing wrong with it as long as your not hiding behind it to make rude remarks to the op or anyone else. But a lot of anon's post questions that they know will start trouble, or answer a question in an extremely rude way. Other than that go for it. I see a lot of anon post and answers that are fine, it doesn't bother me that those ones are anon, its just the others as i said.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• op here.

but there are people that are just plain nasty and rude and they dont post anon. I've even seen anon's being called Trolls, I think that's kinda funny, but the ones that are not anon are rude just as well. Sometimes i just dont want to be bothered with unwanted emails or dont want my personal friends or relatives to see my answers. I once got called a troll because i answered anon and my answer was in no way rude or mean.
    Anonymous

• Nothing as long as you are being nice and respectful. There are alot of anons that do it to be nasty and not have to own up to it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• nothing if you aren't being snarky but a rude anon is just a coward IMO
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You do what you want to. It's not a big deal. Some people just like to complain about it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2009