Why shouldn't we eat peanut butter?

I just read somewhere that we shouldn't eat pb, but I am not sure why not.

Asked by TINKFAIRYGIRL at 3:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Well Peter Pan had an outbreak of salmonella about a year ago, that's probably what you remember because it disappeared for a lONG time and it was a big to do. However, peter butter is good for you. Great source of iron. I'm anemic, and if I'm low, that's what I'm going for! I don't think there's anything wrong with it, because it still comes with WIC, and if it were bad, the government sure wouldn't want to be giving it out! Hope it helps!

Answer by NomadSara at 3:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• do you like peanut butter? there's always someone somewhere who tells you not to eat stuff. i remember when i was a kid hearing that bacon was bad for you. how could anything that tastes so good be bad for you, i wondered. well, i guess it is bad if you certain conditions and i guess peanut butter can be bad for some people too. but i think its far more important to listen to YOUR body than to try and make sense of all the conflicting info thats out three now. i invite you to check out my group, Eating the Angel Way,.

Answer by anniekelleher at 4:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have no idea what that's about. One son will eat practically nothing but peanut butter, and I was obsessed with it while pregnant.

Answer by halfpint_ny at 5:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Peanut allergies are the most common allergies. It is recommmended that children do not eat peanut butter before the age of 2. I feed my little guys soy butter which, IMO tastes actually better than peanut butter. Try it out! is good for you too!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• No reason I can think of. Great source of protein! And not to mention it's yummy!

Answer by Ryanswife06 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Life without peanut butter? Oh muh hell..I thinkith not!

Answer by TaLouLaBelle at 1:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• We recommend peanut butter a lot to our patients. It is a great source of protien and fat. It is wonderful in my opinion.

Answer by Oliviasmommy131 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• we do almond butter its healthier and great for you and taste good

Answer by Patience1 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I think everyone should eat all natural pb-the only ingredients should be peanuts & oil. Actually, all natural almond butter is the Best!! PB is not bad for you-it is an excellent source of protein....

Answer by remainpositive at 1:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I am reading a book called, "Getting Pregnant" and it says not to eat peanut butter or spinach, bc it depletes calcium. Basically, it blocks the absorbtion of calcium into your body.

Answer by remainpositive at 10:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2008