trying to conceive but my husband has a varicocele

hello all.
im 19 and my husband is 21 and we decided we want to have a baby. ive been off birth control(yaz) since april but no luck yet. he has a varicocele (enlarged veins like a "bag of worms" in his left testical) which doesnt cause him any problems. only pain once at 17 and once again at 21. he has no visible problems at all. when he was 21 he has an ultrasound on it and his doctor told him not to worry about it..it shouldnt cause a problem and he shouldnt get surgery unless the pain was more frequent. im just nervous... my period was 9 days late this past month n it was alot lighter and alot of brown/redish and only 3-4 days. im not sure what that means. i took a pregnany test and it said negative. i just need some positive thoughts...can anyone relate i feel all alone and im afraid ill never get pregnant with my husbands condition. help! peace love and positive thoughts x0x0

ebrittian22

Asked by ebrittian22 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well, i wish you guys luck! and i think as far as him having surgery, that can cause other complications and hurt your chances of getting pregnant.
    it can take a long time, so be patient. it will happen when the time is right. good luck!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Well I actually can relate to your period being different mine only lasted 3 days as well but I agree with the above it takes time and surgery may decrease your chance so I would jus hang tight and hope for the best
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009