DD has a skin boil-rather big in my opinion, about a quarter inch red spot

My DD has a skin boil, and I truely thought it was just a pimple on her thigh. Until my aunt said something today because my niece had them and then I did some research and realized thats what it was. After reading online that when a fever is associated, they should seek medical attention. Now I am worried and dont know if I should take her now to the ER or wait until tomarrow. She had a fever last night but i thought it was just due to teething..... Someone help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Health

• call the ER nurse and ask unless your dr has an on call physician you can contact. Can you put something on it to draw it out? Back in the olden days they used bacon to draw boils. Now you can buy an ointment at the pharmacy. It's black sticky stuff and stinks but works well. It's called ichthammol ointment . Of course, depending on her age, you should ask a professional if it's ok to put that on her.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i would say wait till tomorrow...but to set your mind at ease call the oncall doc or if there is a nurse line number on your insurance card
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• call the nurse line.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• OP HERE-----UPDATE----- After some responses, I decided to call her pedi and she advised me to take her to the ER. They cut it open and released the infection. They are now testing it for MRSA. Thanks Cafemom!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2009