How to make kids behave when you are not around

I was just wondering if anyone has anything (talk, rewards, or consequences... anything) to guide preschool age children to make a right choice (behave) even when you are not around. Please share your ideas.

Meachan

Asked by Meachan at 8:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• For some reason I have always been lucky my daughter is an angel when she is outside of this house. he preschool teacher always praised her. But as soon as she steps in our house she becomes my little devil child. She is like this because she is very shy. But she isn't shy at home.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• If it is a problem at school and not at home, it is something you need to talk to the teacher about. It is THIER dicipline problem, not yours. I was a preschool teacher, and this kind of thing happened all the time. Kudos to you for recognizing that your child can indeed misbehave. Most parents just argued with me and told me that thier kid acted perfectly fine at home, and that I must be lying. It annoyed the hell out of me when parents chose denial over facing the issue. In my toughest cases, we ended up doing a dicipline plan that went from school to home. We would take marks away or have the child earn marks (whichever worked best for the child) to either lose or gain cartoon privleges when they got home. It worked great.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 9:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2009