Cleaning the whole house in one week?

My house is a wreck. I have this week to clean and organize. This includeds the master room and bath, kitchen, and living room. Any advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Do a major overhaul on one room a day. That way you wont feel so overwhelmed.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Use vinegar rather than other cleaners so that you will be able to breathe better, it kills more bacteria than Bleach.
    Noworktodo

Answer by Noworktodo at 8:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Make a list of exactly what needs to be done, organized with headers of what room the chore is in.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I am in a group called cleaning game group. check us out and i am telling you, you will get some motivation!! This group has changed my life. PM me for any questions. If you decide to join, look at the cleaning games only forum :)
    NoGirlsAllowed

Answer by NoGirlsAllowed at 9:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i agree with the one room at a time method. it works wonders and your not running all over the house like a nutcase...and try playing music that always helps with the nerves.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• clean one room a day; do a load of wash every day or two.

This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You can also check out most major home and garden magazines online and search for things like "spring cleaning" They have reprints of most of their articles and tips.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 10:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• just remember, everything has a home. That helps me with organization and like the other moms said, take one room at a time. turn on the radio and have fun with it.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Head to www.flylady.net and check out her Crisis Cleaning method!

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Use Norwex! Clean everything with water, soo much of a time saver! It used to take me an easy 4 days to clean my house top to bottom (I live in a 2 bedroom mobile home). Now I can have it all done in 1 day. I wash my walls, windows, floors, TV's with water, use the same cloth dry for dusting, pull out the dry mop, slap on the wet mop, use the dishwashing liquid in my rug shampooer, use DeScaler on my bath tub, toilet, sinks, and VOILA all done. My 2 year old son even helps. Seriously, awesome cleaners. http://www.norwex-healthy-green-living.com

CynCity1985

Answer by CynCity1985 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2009