I need advice - I also don't know where to put this.

My SO & I are in a terrible living situation - at his mother's. I don't think I need to go into details. We are looking at apartments & whatnot & will be out of here by the end of August. However, we have an alternative plan that we can't make a decision on: We want to move back to NC (lived there for part of 07/08). The cost of living is incredibly cheaper than NY, there are more jobs around, we wouldn't need our car as often, hell, car insurance for our car is cheaper. We keep thinking about this and talking about it, BUT we're expecting our first child in Nov & my mom doesn't think it's a good idea, because we won't have any help. This is the only thing stopping us & I agree with my mom, because she's going to be baby-sitting while we're both still in school & I won't have to work as often to pay for a sitter, which means more time with my daughter. We've discussed waiting a year, also. Advice? I'm just so stuck.

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 9:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• as someone who had NO helo i say stay where you can have some help!!!! you will lbe so glad you did!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Well, if you are miserable where you are, how happy will your child be? Its more healthy for a child to have happy parents, imo. If you will be happier and more relaxed, the time you spend with your child will be quality time when you move. I think you should do it!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009