How to get my 15 month old to stop biting?

When my son gets mad now he bites. He drew blood today on my arm. I don't know how to get him to stop and understand it's bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hot sauce??
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I agree with mommy there. Hot sauce worked on my toddler. Just a teeny bit on the tip of a toothpick should do it. Don't go overboard with it though. You don't want the boy to start throwing up on ya.
    Anonymous

• NO NO NO, hot sauce is for ignorant women who have no idea how to parent. How many abusing bully moms do we have here? One is too many but it looks like we have a lot in this forum. Take parenting classes ladies. Why can't you do what the rest of us did and tell the child "NO, don't bite" ? Every time he tries, you stop him from doing the bad behavior. how hard is that? It's worked for educated parents for many generations. Praise him for good behavior and tell him "no" for bad behavior that will harm someone. Replace the biting with a kiss (behavior modification for you ladies who didn't take the time to learn about children before you had them). Praise him when he kisses instead of biting. You moms who abuse your children with spanking and hot sauce are going to give me an ulcer. No wonder the states created cps.
    Anonymous

• OP here. I did take a child class. I have tried "No, no biting". I have tried time out for a minute. I have tried to occupy him with a distraction. I am a first time mother. I thought I could come here for some more ideas. I don't know why you are getting so upset at my post? I am sorry I am needing help, I thought the question and answer area was for this purpose.
    Anonymous

• "Take parenting classes ladies. Why can't you do what the rest of us did and tell the child "NO, don't bite" ?"

You know ANON... sometimes saying no to the child doesn't work.... Thankfully my dd never had a biting problem, throwing toys, though, that is something we are still dealing with. She'll be 2 in two months and everytime you tell her no, or don't give her something she wants, or if she's just in a mood, she'll throw something at you. I tell her to pick up the toy and give it to me and she doesn't get the toy back for a while.... granted that is totally different than your post... I honestly don't know how to break a bitter. I don't know that I'd use hot sauce... not because I think you are abusive mothers... slapping them in the face would be abusive... and being only 15mo old, I doubt he'd get the right and wrong speech... have you tried sites like parenting.com or google how to break a biter? It may help??? GL :)
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 10:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Second Anon for the post here. Guess what? We tried "No, no biting", time-outs, taking toys away, everything humanly possible aside from beating the child senseless. Why? Because I am NOT going to endanger my child. I asked the pediatrician about it before it was done. So before you jump on your high horse again, Anon :31, you really need to pull your head outta your ass and realize that mothers who try the Peaceful route (for 6 months STRAIGHT might I add) don't always find success. Stop being a preachy heiffer and pull your head outta your ass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• a small taste of hot sacuse is not endangering a child LMAO
    at leset we didnt say bite back (which i hear a lot)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• oops..at least*
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2009